2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Pairs Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Now the Pairs Free!

And damn me...the Free Dance was draining. Glad I didn't stay up to watch! Would have sent me right to sleep :p

Nooo Annika and Robert! 😭 I hope they're OK.

Not much has stood out so far except Philippo is seriously good looking and I can't entirely blame the camera man.

Grand Amoooooooore!!!!

That single throw Lutz was rather pretty...someone should do that in a show!

Onto Group 2!

Peng/Jin look stunning!! 😍

The rink DJ is trying to wake us all up here :laugh:

Iiulia and Misha - oh wow loved them! What a charming pair! Loved the dismount from the last lift :biggrin:

DG/G - Well that throw fall was perfectly timed to the music. Unexpected Your Song! But awww poor Nicole and Matteo, what a rough skate. The crowd is being supportive though, so yay!

"What is TES? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..."

Peng and Jin
unpopular opinion : i don't regret their respective former pairings... i think the Chinese fed did us a favour matching these two.. i love them
It's sad for Yu, who never reached the heights she did, but Peng and Jin together are indeed a dream. So underrated :(

Wow! I will actually thank the camera man for the wide shot because wow what length in that throw! Too bad slot the double footed landing.

Does China have entry in the Team Event at Beijing, if so do they have a chance to medal, I hope so because Peng and Jin deserve a chance at one!

S/H - Good combo! But yeah that Death Spiral position is a choice.

As for the covers of Bridge Over Trouble Water, I understand that the first time they did this FS it was after Sui had recovered from injury and now Han has, so maybe the woman and the man are singing to each other. It's a nice idea behind the program.

But alas I don't feel anything when I watch them really...I enjoyed Peng and Jin way more.

Also Simon is irritating, the way he talks why should anyone else bother showing up? Just give S/H all the golds and be done with it. I mean it's a lot of trouble for all the other pairs to go to just to be losers in the end.

Dang I was going to go to the gym, but now it's pouring down outside...and I don't want rain in my black eyes ;)

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Sui and Han were the class of the competition although their musical choice was a bit questionable. I think they've skated stronger in the past.