2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Pairs Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
But that work is why the skaters are here and what they put all their efforts in. And this is what they accept getting "judged" for. Nothing else.
so we cannot talk about costumes, music, programs. voice overs? etc... this is a competition thread... we even talk about food and drinks we have... we are here to chat while watching an event... I think that's pretty clear... if we are supposed to only talk about the skating, then, most of us are out of line. I suggest you ignore my posts altogether if they distract you.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
See you in the men's thread. Although I need to eat something.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I wouldn't trust anyone to throw and lift me around like that.

Kb6ZVeo.jpg

s_parks

Record Breaker
I wish S/H would get rid of that spin. Beautiful as it is, it's been costing them more than the sbs 3s at this point.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
so we cannot talk about costumes, music, programs. voice overs? etc... this is a competition thread... we even talk about food and drinks we have... we are here to chat while watching an event... I think that's pretty clear... if we are supposed to only talk about the skating, then, most of us are out of line.
Costumes, music, programs. voice overs etc. are part of their work, and we talk about it all the time, nothing wrong with it. But this has nothing to do with your original comment.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Costumes, music, programs. voice overs etc. are part of their work, and we talk about it all the time, nothing wrong with it. But this has nothing to do with your original comment.
my original comment was simply the name of a skater with an emoji. Sorry if that has disturbed you to that point. And while we are at it, I have made several comments talking about their wonderful program.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
But that work is why the skaters are here and what they put all their efforts in. And this is what they accept getting "judged" for. Nothing else.

I agree with the below:

so we cannot talk about costumes, music, programs. voice overs? etc... this is a competition thread... we even talk about food and drinks we have... we are here to chat while watching an event... I think that's pretty clear... if we are supposed to only talk about the skating, then, most of us are out of line. I suggest you ignore my posts altogether if they distract you.
Exactly. (y)
If this was only clinical comments from a judge's points of view... I think I'd have better things to do, like watching paint dry.
It's bringing in our fan sentiments, spinning a bit of humour on it and just being human that makes this thread so enjoyable and sociable.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I wish S/H would get rid of that spin. Beautiful as it is, it's been costing them more than the sbs 3s at this point.
It does cost them one point but my take on it is that they do aim for higher level though their priority is to get the highest GOE here.. which compensates for the lower level... Better executing this spin beautifully than going for high level with an ordinary looking spin? I am not sure...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree with the below:

Exactly. (y)
If this was only clinical comments from a judge's points of view... I think I'd have better things to do, like watching paint dry.
It's bringing in our fan sentiments, spinning a bit of humour on it and just being human that makes this thread so enjoyable and sociable.
plus honestly, and speaking for myself only, i am just a fan... not a competent judge... I can only talk about what I see :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry but I think forward outside death spirals are ugly no matter who does them.
It's not the only ugly some pairs undergo for the sake of points. Not all do, though, thank goodness! Some hold out for points and grace.

gold12345

Medalist
You only needed to score in the 180s to medal, just like last week at Skate Canada. This was a relatively weak event aside from the 2 top quality Chinese pairs.

Sui/Han and Peng/Jin both jumped well and confidently today which was great to see, although P/J were < on the 3S. The levels weren't all there, and S/H had lift trouble; they made a good save on the last lift. Both teams uncharacteristically had some throw issues, but they go the extra mile to try to make their throws look big and airy. Both programs were beautifully constructed and overall they skated well.

Artemeva/Nazarychev deserved their medal and had good lifts, but were massively overscored on their twist, which doesn't really clear his head or get lateral at all. It's one of the weaker twists out there, but got many +3s and +4s. Their throws were similarly tiny, but they got a couple +2s and a +3 on their throw loop. They benefited from the weaker field with no real great twists (S/H's was the best of the bunch), but their GOE made no sense in places.

Della Monica/Guarise were very off here, not close to what they can do. A very hot and cold team.

I'm surprised how much some people hate covers here. Maybe it's an age or cultural thing or just personal preference, but they usually don't bother me. It's just a different take on the same song. I can appreciate multiple versions of Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Last edited: