The Opening Ceremony | Page 20 | Golden Skate

The Opening Ceremony

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I loved the concept and execution of the OC, and it stirred a lot of emotion in me because of my family background. I thought NBC did a nice job covering it, although I giggled every time I heard Katie Couric pronounce *hambok* with a long *o* vowel (like *hamboke*).:)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Olympics is not about the show, it's about unity. Two Koreans marching together as a unified country alone tops any "performances" throughout the ages especially how much politics have affected their separation. Olympics is about bringing countries together. You're forgetting the core values of the Olympics. If you want a show, go watch a circus
1. Two Koreas marching together: YESSSSSSYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

2.Olympics being about bringing countries together: dream on. If politics were not to play a part in Olympics, it was the most absurd decision to take NATIONS as a base unit.
Btw, there is no non-Western country anywhere near a medal in Olympics. (Sure, there will have been some extreme exception once in a blue moon...) This is not about bringing countries together, but about celebrating the supremacy of the West over the world. If you don't like our sports, you don't count. We let the world applaud us while we give medals to ourselves, yay!

3.The core values of Olympics in 2018: MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, and MONEY. Oh, and MONEY.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I think the two Koreans marching together got a lot of western viewers scratching their head when all their media outlets were building to some massive riot or disaster between the two countries. I think it shows the media aren't showing the actual picture. The two countries were only separated due to Russia and America after WW2.
From what I've read, the history is a bit different: Japan had invaded Korea long before WWII, China was the only hope for the Koreans of getting their independence back, the US didn't like that but wanted Korea for its own, divided the country in 2 (since Japan couldn't keep control of the whole country), took over the command of the South from Japan and here we are.

I really hope the Koreans will take their country back from the outer influences and re-unite!

Corwin

On the Ice
Country
Russia
After Sochi it's hard to do something unusual, but this OC is quite good.