Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

Most Clickworthy....

That is an interesting way to put it. One consideration in the wording of thread titles is that we want the thread to come up when random people, not necessarily GS regulars, do a Google search for a particular topic. :yes:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Have been so excited about Jason Brown y Evgenia joining the Toronto Cricket Club. Then while I was at the library to get some Netflix, I found this new thread. And by lucky chance backread enough to see the mention of Kim's Convenience. Thank you Mrs. P. !

You’re welcome! The show is so funny!

This thread is fun. Glad we’re all finding some joy in it!

Jason's hand writing is very cute :)

It is really neat looking, like easy to read.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Sorry if this has been discussed already: is it known who of TCC is going to ACI?

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Jason will be going to the Japan Open as a guest performer - https://instagram.com/p/BlvkqKLDWjp/

Boyang is performing in Japan right now for the show The Ice, still no confirmation on the coaching change. As we near the start of the new season I think we can settle that he’s not coming to the TCC.

TGee

Record Breaker
Well , the Cricket junior men locked it up in the SP at Minto... 1,2,3,4

Stephen, Corey, Conrad, Joesph

Stephen got 80.74 for the SP...interesting to see the new 5 point GOE in action.

By the way, it was once again an event with a lot of guys getting into the boards on the shorter North American sized SensPlex rink. Jo and Conrad had bad falls. Seem ok though... makes one wonder how much time they get doing run throughs on TCC's smaller alternate rink(s).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
let's just not jump ahead though ;) i love your enthusiasm TGee but Jo, until further news is still representing Laval :) heehhehehehehe he is only summer training at TCC.

but yeah.. the boys did well that early in the year. They all have improved a lot

Haleth

On the Ice
Happy to report success for several of the junior men at Minto! Standings: 1) Stephen, 2) Conrad, 5) Corey Circelli. Joseph Phan, who was training at TCC recently, skated to third place for his home rink CPA Laval, but under the watchful eyes of Brian and Ghislain.

Both Conrad and Joseph made jokey references to their encounters with the boards last night in their Instastories, but poor Conrad seemed sore the next day.

Joseph's Instastory: https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1023037009068281857

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Happy to report success for several of the junior men at Minto! Standings: 1) Stephen, 2) Conrad, 5) Corey Circelli. Joseph Phan, who was training at TCC recently, skated to third place for his home rink CPA Laval, but under the watchful eyes of Brian and Ghislain.

Both Conrad and Joseph made jokey references to their encounters with the boards last night in their Instastories, but poor Conrad seemed sore the next day.

Joseph's Instastory: https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1023037009068281857

I heard Stephen punched out a few quads! Kids these days :)

TGee

Record Breaker
4lz, 4t, and 4s+2t... he is insane
Brian Orser's already stated that Stephen has all the quads but the 4A...

And the 4F is the only one we haven't seen...as there's just been training GIFs in harness of that.

It seems as though the issue has been opportunities to compete them.

acapenci

On the Ice
Brian Orser's already stated that Stephen has all the quads but the 4A...

And the 4F is the only one we haven't seen...as there's just been training GIFs in harness of that.

It seems as though the issue has been opportunities to compete them.

Ive known that stephen has almost all of the quads, but theres a difference between just hearing about his jumps along with the occasional harness video and seeing a 5'0, waif-like boy in competition rotate like his life depends on it. Its really impressive, but i am scared for his joints at the same time

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So I’ve heard people mention “media day” at TCC, and I have some questions! Is it just for Hanyu / Japanese media, or do all TCC skaters meet the media? Is that typically when new programs are revealed, Senior Bs are announced, etc? What else happens - do people skate an ex or their SPs? Would we expect to see Boyang then, if he’s coming - or for the media to ask about him, if he isn’t there?

Just curious! In the US, top contenders for Nats and participants at Worlds usually have media telecoms about a week prior to the event, and there may be something at Champs Camp, but I’ve never heard of anything regularly organized by, say, Raf’s group or any of the ice dance / pairs training groups.

Reth

On the Ice
So I’ve heard people mention “media day” at TCC, and I have some questions! Is it just for Hanyu / Japanese media, or do all TCC skaters meet the media? Is that typically when new programs are revealed, Senior Bs are announced, etc? What else happens - do people skate an ex or their SPs? Would we expect to see Boyang then, if he’s coming - or for the media to ask about him, if he isn’t there?

Just curious! In the US, top contenders for Nats and participants at Worlds usually have media telecoms about a week prior to the event, and there may be something at Champs Camp, but I’ve never heard of anything regularly organized by, say, Raf’s group or any of the ice dance / pairs training groups.
It’s only for Yuzuru to reveal his programs for JPN media, that’s it. He sometimes don’t even use the jumps going to do in competitions either.
He so private, we barely see or hear about guy unless a child ask for a pic during off season. So it’s definitely a treat for the fans.

Danibellerika

Medalist
It’s only for Yuzuru to reveal his programs for JPN media, that’s it. He sometimes don’t even use the jumps going to do in competitions either.
He so private, we barely see or hear about guy unless a child ask for a pic during off season. So it’s definitely a treat for the fans.

It would need to be just for him. About 100 or so media outlets show up to report on him so that's already extremely crowded. He will do jumps but keeps it secretive as well. Like, he was doing the 4 lutz on media day but they didn't release that footage or mention anything about it until after he did it at CoR.

Reth

On the Ice
It would need to be just for him. About 100 or so media outlets show up to report on him so that's already extremely crowded. He will do jumps but keeps it secretive as well. Like, he was doing the 4 lutz on media day but they didn't release that footage or mention anything about it until after he did it at CoR.
That’s true. They hid his 4lz3T with ribbon for awhile.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks for your responses!

But then I wonder why people think we’ll learn about Boyang at media day, and also - well, I can see media not being that interested in Jason, for example, but what about Evgenia? She’s probably not quite as much of a rock star as Yuzuru, but I expect a lot of international media will be interested her plans. I wonder if they’ll do a media day for her, too - but I guess we’ll see. :)