2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
S/F having a lot of trouble with the pattern..and then a fall..

Yeah, pattern trouble was visible even for amateur eye I would say, Carolanne was tense, no extensions, small steps, wonky edges... And then the fall. The dance is not my favourite either, too much novelty and 'trying to be hip' crammed inside with so far little attention to the substance as for movement.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I'm following this thread while at a friend's house carving pumpkins and you all are making me very sad!! Poor Carolane and Shane :(

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I :love: Marie-Jade's dress. I want to be able to wear it..and I would if I had her figure.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
And hammering on the pattern continues... It is really no cake this season...

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS
Music: "Tango: "Felino" by Electrotutango; Tango - Hip Hop: "Tango" by Electrotutango
Choreography by:Marie-France Dubreuil
Costumes: Black halter top with skirt for her, basic black for him with red stripe down each arm and side

Require Elements:

The opening steps and music tell you this is decidedly NOT your parents' tango. And right into
Twizzles 1.97g Level 3 for her 4 for him and almost immediately into the
TR Pattern until the big curve in part 1 it's a bit small. I missed looking at the box because I was trying to see why the pattern started out so small. Hmmm.
SL Lift 4, .94 g Nice flow to that
ML St Seq -she caught his skate and down they went. Ouch. They got it together for the one foot half. -2.90 g and only a level 1. VERY costly.

Rough outing for them. I appreciate that they're trying to think out of the box, but is the world really ready for a hip hop tango?

Score: 57.10 Ouch. BIG Ouch.

That hip hop tango is nothing new. There is a whole subgenre called tango nuevo (or neotango) and that song is a classic.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This French team is pleasing to the eye.

But, another team absolutely hammered on the patterns.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh, right, this was the French team with the awkward Chicago cut. It's still awkward.

LadyB

Record Breaker
House hippos are this season’s bagged milk! We’re peaking too early, guys! :rofl:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Still not sold on the music cuts for Lauriault/Le Gac, but hot damn that cell block tango section is great!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The dirty bum, bum, bum, bum....

Literally. Right in this room with me. I just got a whiff of Newdaughter’s brand of stink. Can’t make this stuff up.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I see fringe dress is ditched... No taking chances there, wonder if the ending was remodeled too.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC
Music: Tango: "Cellblock Tango" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; Foxtrot: "Roxie" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; Tango: "Cellblock Tango" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Interesting greige dress with darker grey areas overlaid with beading for her (and almost a marcel wave hairstyle). Grey pants with some weird tshirt type top that is supposed to resemble a suit and tie. It looks cheap.

Required Elements:

Twizzles the entrance into them is COOL. Not great sync. Level 4 for both 1.94 g and well deserved for the entrance.
TR Pattern Level 1 most n 1.49 g for part one. SUPER SLOW. Second part better. Level 2 but all N 1.11 g
Music/tempo change into
Diag St Seq - It's ok but that's about it. Level 2 2.42 G
Statioary Lift - finally! A new one! Level 4, 1.38. And it's good.

Yeah, it's Cellblock Tango, but I still think Chicago is an odd choice for a TR. It's more like the Tango Anti-Romantica.

The audience liked it more than I did. Like S/K, low levels and BIG GOE. Very generous GOE, but then I admit I'm very lukewarm about these two. YMMV.

Score: 68.90

Holy Headband

On the Ice
Soucisse/Firus's music cut is great IMO. Maybe they could add more flavour to the choreo to match, I don't know, but I really like that they went with it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Do these guys think wearing suspenders makes them look more authentically Argentinian?