2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh no P iper and Gilles and I had such hope for them. Canada just when they show a bit of hope in men this happens. Michael Slipchuk must be panicking.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What a mess. Forget a medal they are barely .01 out of last What a disappointment and what a mess. What in the world they skated this before much better. This is a huge mess and will set them back. No other teams will move pass them on the world scene. I have to say the Spanish team did well and almost beat the Russians - S/K still have so ma issues with levels. Iknow by way of attrition H and D are by far one of the top teams but they are a huge step imho below Virtue and Moir, Davis and White or PC. Really sad honestly.

Oh hey Skater Boy, are you using a dialup connection today? :devil:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
Music: Tango: "Angelica’s Tango” by Piernicola di Muro
Choreography by: Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
Costumes: Yellow dress with red rose applique that is, as per usual with Piper, unusual and striking. Black suit with red shirt (and stache) for him.

Required Elements:

She steps onto this boot for spinning tango steps, which since they aren't claiming is a LIFT, I find fun. And into the
TR Pattern - She caught his boot and went down. Level 2 Mixed ynn, .61 g. Part 2 - level 1 mostly n, 1.61 g Shame about the fall.
Twizzles: Lovely drop down posiiton in there. level 3 for her, 4 or him. 2.18g
Circ Step Seq - with a lovely spinning move in there. There's a sunny feel to this. But only level 2.
Ro Lift - he lifts her by the thigh and off they spin... She holds a nice position. Level 4 1.32g

They have a real feel for tango, these two. And I like the sunniness of this. It's their own style. But the fall will be costly and the level 2 step seq. Not their best outing.The GOEs have been exceedingly generous so far, but only somewhat generous for them. Hmmm. The judges are always so tough on them.

Carol Lane: "We need a bigger rink." LOVE Her.

We love you all too. :)

Score: 66.95. Wow. That's really a middle finger of a score.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
Music: Tango: "Angelica’s Tango” by Piernicola di Muro
Choreography by: Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
Costumes: Yellow dress with red rose applique that is, as per usual with Piper, unusual and striking. Black suit with red shirt (and stache) for him.

Required Elements:

She steps onto this boot for spinning tango steps, which since they aren't claiming is a LIFT, I find fun. And into the
TR Pattern - She caught his boot and went down. Level 2 Mixed ynn, .61 g. Part 2 - level 1 mostly n, 1.61 g Shame about the fall.
Twizzles: Lovely drop down posiiton in there. level 3 for her, 4 or him. 2.18g
Circ Step Seq - with a lovely spinning move in there. There's a sunny feel to this waltz. But only level 2.
Roational Lift - he lifts her by the thigh and off they spin... Nice. Level 4 1.32g

They have a real feel for tango, these two. And I like the sunniness of this. It's their own style. But the fall will be costly and the level 2 step seq. Not their best outing.The GOEs have been exceedingly generous so far, but only somewhat generous for them. Hmmm. The judges are always so tough on them.

Carol Lane: "We need a bigger rink." LOVE Her.

We love you all too. :)

Score: 66.95. Wow. That's really a middle finger of a score.

G/P are Canadian

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Please let the cameraman be interested in buttshots of this gorgeous man. Please? [emoji56]

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well whoever thought Canada was a sure bet in the GPF with Gilles and Porier the dream is over and the nightmare has begun. What a mess, disaster and both Canadianice dance team from contenders here at Skate Canada to bad pretenders. G and P need toskate consistent andcleanif they want to get accepted. This really is just horrible. This team keeps showing brililance and then disaster.