2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Piper and Paul have always had trouble with consistency. They make a lot of mistakes.

Canada is not going to have a collective faint if we don't win a medal here. Calm yourself.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I don't care about tech right now, that was very much fun as expected :hap10:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Who was expecting a PoTC program? That explains her faux corset laces

I would ordinarily hate this sort of thing but it was executed well, and they clearly know what works for them and what doesn’t. I’m a new fan.

gottadance

On the Ice
G/P coach saying we need a bigger rink. Cute :)

dont think thats a " cute " comment - the fact is they had the same practice opportunities as all the other teams . I have
seen these 2 do magnificent tangos but this isn't one of them even well skated .

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My stream stopped in the middle of Team China, but was that Pirates of the Carribbean in the end there?

Either way I enjoyed it and I love her dress! It's so pretty!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Fierce from W/L! Didn't look like they hit all the KPs but speed on the pattern looks improved. Good showing!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Too hard to enjoy faves Wang/Liu after G/P :sad4: Though I do love Wang/Liu and want to see them rise ... not like this.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Honestly I can't believe the rinks are not identical in size. What the heck? Some are smaller than others...what a mess

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
Music: Tango: "Angelica" (from "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; Tango: "End Credits" (from "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreil
Costumes: Black dress with appliqued floral skirt for her, black pants and vest with open necked white shirt for him

Required Elements:

Very sharp steps to open but their height difference is VERY noticeable. And into
TR Pattern which is slow and small. Part 1 is level2 mixed 1.15. Part 2 is level who knows. Thanks big box
Twizzles - good sync but slow. Level 3 for her, 4 for him. 2.18 g. That's generous GOE. You're telling me tthat's on the level of Piper and Paul's twizzles? Yeah, I don't think so.
Tempo change with very sharp musical accents they're not hitting.
ML St Seq Level 2 and 1.66g. See? They really weren't hitting the accents. :)
Curve Lift - She steps up to his thigh. Level 4, .98 GOE

Weird. The beginning is VERY sharp to more lyrical music and the second half is very flowy to sharply accented music. Their height difference is very noticeable here and isn't helping this dance.

Score: 66.96 SB for them. Whatever.

And another middle finger to Piper and Paul.

LadyB

Record Breaker
It’s
Can G/P pull a miracle tomorrow?? I want them in the final! :sad4:

I don’t know how many body parts I’ll have to cross for that, but I’ll do it. I wasn’t prepared for disappointment of that kind tonight. What happened? Well, hopefully they skate a killer :drama::pray:FD tomorrow!

Ziotic

Medalist
Ouch. All there Canadian teams in the first flight... a lot of predictions are going to be wrong.