2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Being in the first group might hurt, but G/P do still have a chance for bronze here. Their SB in the FD is 116.72, while S/D's is 107.46. So, 9.26 points difference. They are currently behind S/D by 5.40. Different competitions, and people can improve of course, but still, they should move up to 3rd if they deliver tomorrow.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a character defining moment for G/P.

They'll have to sleep on the fact that they are nearly certainly not going to medal, and their GPF hopes may be put to bed already.

Of course, anything can happen, ice is slippery, etc. But let's face it: It ain't looking good for the home team.

Can they put that behind them and deliver a great Free Dance?

I really hope so.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Most North American rinks are NHL-sized 61 x 26 m, Olympic-sized rinks are 60 x 30 m with a little bit of difference of radius in the corners. Top level skaters who compete internationally are used to training on and adjusting their patterns to either size.

In other words, no excuses here. All the teams have the same rink layout to work with per competition.

And almost all of the teams were incredibly close to the boards here. Seriously, people take a funny little comment way too seriously. She made a joke, not a formal complaint.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Most North American rinks are NHL-sized 61 x 26 m, Olympic-sized rinks are 60 x 30 m with a little bit of difference of radius in the corners. Top level skaters who compete internationally are used to training on and adjusting their patterns to either size.

In other words, no excuses here. All the teams have the same rink layout to work with per competition.

I agree..it's an excuse. Tracy shouldn't be making it for them. Thank you for putting it in metric. Google is still on American.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

They'll have to sleep on the fact that they are nearly certainly not going to medal, and their GPF hopes may be put to bed already.

Of course, anything can happen, ice is slippery, etc. But let's face it: It ain't looking good for the home team.

I really hope so.

They are 5.40 points behind the 3rd place team, and their FD season's best score is over 9 points higher than that team.

jillredhand

Record Breaker

I really hope so.

I hope so too. Their FD is a stunner, and could definitely feed off this disappointment to be even better. And idk, maybe like 12 teams will withdraw from other GPs, or something. I wanted to see them at the final so bad!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And almost all of the teams were incredibly close to the boards here. Seriously, people take a funny little comment way too seriously. She made a joke, not a formal complaint.

I feel like I started this mess and need to apologize, but I was joking right along with Carol with my original comment about her comment.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I think the singles skaters can probably adjust easily but I think the rink size really sucks for the ice dancers. The pattern is supposed to be precise (and Lord knows the caller is strict with the key points). Why should they just have to adjust to the size of a rink depending on the competition? They should make some kind of allowance for it.

Hopefully some of you who actually skate weigh in.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I like W/L. But I am decidedly NOT impressed by this RD.

They may be lacking in speed but the good news is that they are continually improving :). I think they have made some good strides in their few months training in Montreal.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are 5.40 points behind the 3rd place team, and their FD season's best score is over 9 points higher than that team.

Hope springs eternal, but leapfrogging three teams from the first flight is a tall order.

At this point, I just want them to skate well. I'm a new fan of this team. I haven't really cared about them before this season. I want personal redemption for them.

The placement will be whatever it is.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
An entire season had to die for the Olympics. Canada, it’s apparently time to chose: Keegan Messing or ice dance. Neither can live until the other has died or however the Harry Potter goes.

Haven't they already sacrificed all their ladies and pairs?! :drama:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They may be lacking in speed but the good news is that they are continually improving :). I think they have made some good strides in their few months training in Montreal.

I like them. I like them quite a bit. I do not like this dance. It's structured weirdly with no apparent feel for tempi.