2018 Internationaux de France Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Free Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Time to lament why the heck everything is about Betina in this FD when Sergey is the better skater. :think:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Something is weird with the sound at this event fer sure.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I like P/M's FD and their drama llamas and cool lifts, so I very much enjoyed that.

Lota

Record Breaker
I still can't help but remember the wonderful long program by Astakhova/Rogonov when I hear The Master and Margarita :luv17:

Also, due to the Lithuanians before I remembered Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas and now I'm sad they never skated to The Master and Margarita (or would that have been too on the nose?) :laugh:

EDIT: Now also remembered that the TV series with the soundtrack came out in 2005, but still... at least an EX would've been fine :biggrin:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV
Music: The Master and Margarita (soundtrack) by Igor Korniliuk
Choreography by: Anjelika Krylova
Costumes: Belted dress, maroon sparkly bodice, blue skirting for her; dark blue pants with artsy Frankenshirt for him. About the only thing it doesn't have is solar panels.

Program Layout:

Steps I found a bit indistinct. Then he tosses her into
Twizzles - Level 4 for both, 1.31g
RoLift level 4, 1.04 goe: she grabs the back of his neck, he grabs her legs and off they go, including a one foot rotation. It's quite the position. He must have one strong neck. Level
Tempo change. She's giving Powerwattage Popova Face right to the judges. I hope they're wearing protective glasses. And into the
Dance Spin - interesting postions which, alas, are also speed killers. Level 4, .83g
Curve Lift with jump entrance into a super cool position. Quite impressive. Level 4, .69g. Should be much higher
NT Step Seq - Level 2 for both, 1.28goe
Chor Spin - 1.61goe
SL Lift - Nice lift over the shoulder entry, but the exit looks a bit awkward (I thought they might be falling). Level 4, .69 goe
Tempo Change with another blast of Powerwattage Popova Face. And into the
Circ Step Seq - which includes Bettina looking at the judges and giving the Shhhh gesture. Why? Don't ask me. Level 2, 1.29goe
Chor Char Step Seq - which includes both looking upward and giving the univeral Oy! Heaven hand/arm shrug. Why? Don't ask me. 1.25 it's a bit overwrought
Chor Slide 1.66goe
into ending pose.

I think I'm seeing the problem with these two: they don't know what their style is yet. So, like his top, they're throwing everything in and seeing what sticks. Growing pains. Krylova's choreography isn't helping. It's like a Cuisanart version of previous Russian dances.

The circus vibe is better though.

Score: 99.54

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Huh... is this Krylova for the 3rd time tonight?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
PARTY TIME! I loved watching this FD live. More party dances, Gadbois!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I always wonder if skaters practice their opening pose face in the mirror before competitions. Surely they do.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That was nice, although I think they have skated it better somewhere else that was a good performance for the home crowd.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've got a soft spot for Lauriault/Le Gac's free dance. They're not Elladj Balde, but they always sell the life out of it nonetheless.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was nice, although I think they have skated it better somewhere else that was a good performance for the home crowd.

It was SO fun at SCI. It did seem the performance here was a bit more tempered, but it's hard to say cause I'm not there. We'll have to ask Beatrice.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm just glad they are skating to something more modern after the Queen and the Elton John. It's nice to see them skate to music that came out after they were born.