2015 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I loved S/K FS. It is interesting, modern... If you like contemprorary dance, you will probably enjoy this program

Yeah, I agree. For me it's the best free program of the season, but I'm a fan so :))

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Ksenia looks seriously mad at the side of the rink now lol Really really mad.
And Fedor is smiling, he did everything cleanly.

Fedor is safe today :laugh: No killing stares from Ksenia.

BTW, is it just me or their throws look different than at Skate America. There I was always scared that she would fall since the technique looked awful, here I did not have that feeling..

Warwick360

Medalist
Ksenia looks so lovely with short hair. Looks even prettier. :love:

BTW, was it just my delusion or did Eurosport have Pairs result spell out as Paris result? If it was my delusion or not, it did give me a proper fright.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
On a side note, I love watching Rostelecom Cup cause I get to see so many skaters who are not participating and the camera shows a lot of them in the arena which makes it so entertaining!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Fedor is safe today :laugh: No killing stares from Ksenia.

BTW, is it just me or their throws look different than at Skate America. There I was always scared that she would fall since the technique looked awful, here I did not have that feeling..

They had best throw of the day with their triple salchow, it looks literally seamless in the arena. They stopped worked on quad throw till second half of the season, maybe that's the reason.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I already waved a white flag!:laugh:

But seems Im not alone in this feeling.
Again tastes differ & while TAT was extatic & had tears in her eyes:laugh:
I felt 'OK that was good I guess'

Maybe b/c it was after Manfred. The impact was so much less.

Basically it was like Lena Radio (or Zhenia M) vs Gracie
Raw emotions vs clean emotionless high tech performance

With that I agree, S/K was more introspective, focused. Generally I don't go for this sort of performances but I liked the music so I was able to focus and they pulled me in. Next to the explosive acting of K/S they certianly could seem cold.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
On a side note, I love watching Rostelecom Cup cause I get to see so many skaters who are not participating and the camera shows a lot of them in the arena which makes it so entertaining!

It's def. my favorite GP & that's one of the reasons...the Russian team is really supportive of each other & it's great!

TrishaG

Rinkside
YES. I loved the Addams Family program! It was fresh and fun and they looked like they liked skating it and skating with each other. Last season's programs and this season's programs leave me cold.

I want to love S/K because they have all these lovely qualities but there's just something missing for me.

I too loved the Adams family program, and while i like S/K, i haven't liked their programs nearly as much. My stream crapped out halfway thru today's program, which was my first viewing of it. i liked the hunchback of notre dame fp last year, but it relied a lot on the music to create emotion. they need to work on projecting to create the connectíon with the audience and take their skating to the next level. they had the adams family program for 2 years, and maybe it was bc they were comfortable with it that they were able to project better. i hope they will improve on emoting in their performance as they get more comfortable with the programs this year and with their new elements.

moriel

Record Breaker
It's def. my favorite GP & that's one of the reasons...the Russian team is really supportive of each other & it's great!

Yeah =) It gets too cute even when you see folks that compete support each other, like the current russian ladies. And they are all friends etc.
Well, also helps that while russia is big, the training grounds for most top skaters are pretty close, so its not like they need to take a several hrs flight to attend.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
With that I agree, S/K was more introspective, focused. Generally I don't go for this sort of performances but I liked the music so I was able to focus and they pulled me in. Next to the explosive acting of K/S they certianly could seem cold.
+Imo to me there always be comparisons with Addams Family that had so much character & actual PERFORMANCE! Here it was yeah modern & too abstract for my taste. I understand & like overdrama more:laugh:

yeah I dont remember that so much in other GPs
Maybe Im wrong tho I only watch it for the 2nd year consistently:think:

Yulia & Adian esp!:luv17: Im happy they're friends even if she left Eteri!

QuadThrow

Medalist
There are so many pairs this season ready for a medal at Euros and Worlds.

First row:
Volosozhar/Trankov
Sui/Han
Stolbova/Klimov
Duhamel/Radford
Kavaguti/Smirnov

Second row:
Peng/zhang
Savchenko/Massot
Scimeca/Knierim
Tarasova/Morozov
Yu/Jin

Did I forget some? I became upset.

Warwick360

Medalist
My favourite has to be NHK or any competition in Japan. It's almost like every audience member has every country flag to prop up when a different country's skater appears.:gclap: