2015 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
At herself most probably, she clearly is not satisfied with their skate :)
"If you're looking for perfection you'll never be content" - Leo Tolstoy
:laugh:

My favourite has to be NHK or any competition in Japan. It's almost like every audience member has every country flag to prop up when a different country's skater appears.:gclap:
Japan is for sure special!:luv17: It must be every skater's fav destination

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Good competition -- I might have had K and S with higher scores in both programs and S and K winning or losing by a nudge though. I think it appears the judges have ranked S and K as the higher Russian team because even with the errors aof K and s if the j udges wanted too they could have had higher pcs. The scoring here was not that outrageous unlike Tailinn where the self anointed appointed and wrapped up the world title to Aliona and her friend lol. I think we have a crap shoot for the podium this year - heck in Russia one of the contenders won't even get to go.

MIM

Medalist
Fedor is safe today :laugh: No killing stares from Ksenia.

BTW, is it just me or their throws look different than at Skate America. There I was always scared that she would fall since the technique looked awful, here I did not have that feeling..

I felt that, too. I felt sureness and certainty when she lands them.

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That quality of the Free wasn't as good as the Short but still an entertaining competition.

Good to have S/K back to somewhat approaching their best. This is quite an intense, introspective performance, the music is quite serious. The throws were much improved and the opening combo was impressive, I think the lifts were a little shaky in places. This can become a great programme.

I am a huge K/S fan, sadly the quad throws weren't quite there today but they were fully rotated. I think this programme is a masterpiece, all the highlights are timed to the music. I love the section before the throws where he is in a spiral and she is lying down on the ice and afterwards where he is again in a spiral and she is on his leg would one leg in the air, it just leaves such a great impression. The stomping was amazing. I think two of the lifts were a little shaky but they still scored big with a not quite perfect programme.

Chinese were a clear third, I like this programme but it was not their best showing. She had a nasty fall and it seemed to throw them a bit. I am surprised they flew back to China after TEB, I think that didn't help their cause. A great skate and well deserved fourth for the Americans, don't know much about them, but they should make the US team for Worlds.

A disjointed skate from Z/E. Music was overpowering and they had a few mistakes. He is probably better for her than Yuri L but I'm not sure she is an improvement on Davankova for him (I was a big fan). Disappointing skate from the Italians, to many mistakes and, personally, a very badly constructed programme, it's a bit of a mess really.

MT/M scored well for what they produced but I was really worried during his lifts, he looks a bit unsteady. Great to see all the Russian skaters in the audience cheering on their teammates. The Russian audience are very supportive of all competitors.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I would see that as good news, Means they can improve on the score

I was trying to picture her face when she sees the protocol :angry2::laugh:
Yes, their scoring potential is amazing. I love that they are going to different approach to improve their content. I am tired of throw quads, where you can see the long preparation, slowing down a bit, go into position, throw the girl as high as you can and pray she won't hit her head. No pair currently has a consistent quad other than let's say Megan and Eric. The 3T-3T on the other hand is exciting, I love the speed going into and I don't feel like closing my eyes before the element. If it fails, it fails, but the girl will most likely be ok. With quad throws though I am starting to agree with Trankov. I am all for pushing the sport forwards and as a fan is exciting but throw quads are dangerous and, let's say it, most of them look forced and ugly (with the exception of S/H quad salcow I've seen in practice which was gorgeous).

whatif

Medalist
I was trying to picture her face when she sees the protocol :angry2::laugh:
Yes, their scoring potential is amazing. I love that they are going to different approach to improve their content. I am tired of throw quads, where you can see the long preparation, slowing down a bit, go into position, throw the girl as high as you can and pray she won't hit her head. No pair currently has a consistent quad other than let's say Megan and Eric. The 3T-3T on the other hand is exciting, I love the speed going into and I don't feel like closing my eyes before the element. If it fails, it fails, but the girl will most likely be ok. With quad throws though I am starting to agree with Trankov. I am all for pushing the sport forwards and as a fan is exciting but throw quads are dangerous and, let's say it, most of them look forced and ugly (with the exception of S/H quad salcow I've seen in practice which was gorgeous).

How is D/R's quad consistent? they started doing it in competition this season.

Anyway, huge score potential for S/K when they go clean. No need to bother with quad throws. 3S and 3-3-2 should do it. Their 3Thw get as much as the quads maximum of other teams when landed as effortlessly as they usually do.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Anyway, huge score potential for S/K when they go clean. No need to bother with quad throws. 3S and 3-3-2 should do it. Their 3Thw get as much as the quads maximum of other teams when landed as effortlessly as they usually do.

D/R have been doing throw quad salcow in every competition starting with last season and quite successfully IIRC.

Astrid56

Final Flight
This is definitely a minority opinion but after seeing the performances, I would not mind any of the three winning (W/P, C/L, and S/K) as they are, competitively, all neck and neck with each other. Choreographically, the dances are too busy for my taste - I guess the desire to raise technically these programs, the programs become sort of convoluted but I must admit I enjoyed, athletically, the performances. Ice-dancing is a sport so the emphasis is more on the athletic value.

I'd say, in terms of choreography Marina Zueva does it with clear, coherent, and cohesive concept. I guess, it helps that the musical theme is so easily visualized. W/P's too abstract, and C/L - just plain entertaining _ the choreographer using the Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire approach. The Grand Prix will be so thrilling seeing how all the dances are so varied and technically chaotic.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
This is definitely a minority opinion but after seeing the performances, I would not mind any of the three winning (W/P, C/L, and S/K) as they are, competitively, all neck and neck with each other. Choreographically, the dances are too busy for my taste - I guess the desire to raise technically these programs, the programs become sort of convoluted but I must admit I enjoyed, athletically, the performances. Ice-dancing is a sport so the emphasis is more on the athletic value.

I'd say, in terms of choreography Marina Zueva does it with clear, coherent, and cohesive concept. I guess, it helps that the musical theme is so easily visualized. W/P's too abstract, and C/L - just plain entertaining _ the choreographer using the Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire approach. The Grand Prix will be so thrilling seeing how all the dances are so varied and technically chaotic.

Wrong thread.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker

If you're talking about the Lutz you're right,

But they had a pretty good rate on the Quad Sal last season, And this season already 2 out of 3 in competition

whatif

Medalist
If you're talking about the Lutz you're right,

But they had a pretty good rate on the Quad Sal last season, And this season already 2 out of 3 in competition

I am not arguing with that, but that still not a reason to call them most consistent.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I am not arguing with that, but that still not a reason to call them most consistent.

They are the pair currently competing with the most consistent throw 4Salcow. Who else does it more consistent than them?