2018 Autumn Classic International: Men's Pre-game chat | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic International: Men's Pre-game chat

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This is a stellar lineup. Full of favorites. New programs, new layouts, I'm so excited to see what's in store. :hap10:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a superb men’s field:cheer2:

Any bets on whether Jason will draw last in the skating order? :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Getting close... and there are quite a few of my brand new favourites there, for a smaller competition this is a wonderful field!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuzuru Hanyu, Jason Brown, and Kevin Reynolds in the same competition?! I like I like! I would die of happiness if all 3 make the podium!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So looking forward to this!!! Jason (of course!) but the line up is great... cannot wait to see Julian !!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
This is going to be a great competition. I am really excited!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So looking forward to this, Junhwan, Yuzuru, and Jason Brown, three of my favorite skaters at one competition :yay: The overall lineup is great, can't wait (And finally, FINALLY Junhwan's new program is going to be revealed!!)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*overexcited cackling*

Brendan, Andrew, Jordan AND Jason! I am excite!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Apart from Team Orser, I wish Sam and Conor best of luck, as Ireland always rules in my book :biggrin:

Country
Russia
Main Entries in order of Personal Best

1 Yuzuru HANYU JPN 330.43
2 Jason BROWN USA 273.67
3 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 253.84
4 Junhwan CHA KOR 248.59
5 Roman SADOVSKY CAN 221.21
6 Julian Zhi Jie YEE MAS 220.67
7 Kevin AYMOZ FRA 220.43
8 Bennet TOMAN CAN 206.41
9 Donovan CARRILLO MEX 200.76
10 Mark GORODNITSKY ISR 186.02
11 Andrew DODDS AUS 177.81
12 Harry MATTICK GBR 171.93
13 Jordan DODDS AUS 154.90
14 Conor STAKELUM IRL 144.52
15 Samuel MCALLISTER IRL 122.31
16 Chadwick WANG SGP 121.07
17 Diego SALDANA MEX 102.76
18 Yamato ROWE PHI 95.91

Adonis Wai Chung WONG HKG -

WD Brendan KERRY AUS 236.24

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Not sure how I could possibly not go with Yuzuru here. Looking forward to seeing the master at work again.

Good luck to Jason and all the men. My ideal podium would be Hanyu-Brown-Yee (or Cha). I hope Kevin R. has a good competition.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This has more guys I love than many of the big competitions....

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Not sure how I could possibly not go with Yuzuru here. Looking forward to seeing the master at work again.

Good luck to Jason and all the men. My ideal podium would be Hanyu-Brown-Yee (or Cha). I hope Kevin R. has a good competition.

This is actually the reality of a hypothetical match-up I've had in my head for a while. Yuzu usually scores his lowest in his first 2 competitions, Kevin and Jason have been known to score high from the beginning of the season.
There is a chance, however small, that they might snatch a rare win here against Yuzu. I love the whole line up. Can't wait to see everyone's new programs.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This is actually the reality of a hypothetical match-up I've had in my head for a while. Yuzu usually scores his lowest in his first 2 competitions, Kevin and Jason have been known to score high from the beginning of the season.
There is a chance, however small, that they might snatch a rare win here against Yuzu. I love the whole line up. Can't wait to see everyone's new programs.

Practically blasphemy! We need a scold emoji.

Well.. Yuzuru's issues at SC are somewhat legendary. I feel he likes us to worry a bit just to make sure we are paying attention.

AHAH.. I found it: :roll5:

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm also looking forward to everyone's new costumes! :biggrin:
The 'first pancake' may be any shape, but the costume must be on point. :laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker

In his recent interview Jason said his switch to Brian and Tracy has been great, but tough - and that they’re completely redoing all his jumps, not just focusing on 3A and quads. Makes me wonder what we’ll see - but I’m excited anyway!

laiyamanika

On the Ice
Yuzuru Hanyu, Jason Brown, Kevin Reynolds, Jun Hyun Cha, Julian Zhi Jie Yee and Donovan Carillo

So many good skaters! :yahoo:

This is probably going to be the most anticipated challenger series yet