2018 Autumn Classic International: Men's Pre-game chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic International: Men's Pre-game chat

LisaS

On the Ice
Jasons Triple Axel looks much improved. Both of the ones in his practice looked effortless

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing at Orser's, and yes the 4 minutes is not the music, but counting from the second the skater moves out of the starting position until he reaches the final position. If there is a delay it is normally at the beginning of the program though because at the end, finishing before or after the music is weird and I guess the skater would get confused too in their timing.

What is extra weird about Samohin is that the short program was 30 seconds too long. There was no time change for the short program. This makes zero sense.

LisaS

On the Ice
Very disappointed to see the number of Japanese fans outside the arena after Yuzurus skate leaving the arena. You are here stay for the competition!

champagnerain

Final Flight
I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing at Orser's, and yes the 4 minutes is not the music, but counting from the second the skater moves out of the starting position until he reaches the final position. If there is a delay it is normally at the beginning of the program though because at the end, finishing before or after the music is weird and I guess the skater would get confused too in their timing.

What is extra weird about Samohin is that the short program was 30 seconds too long. There was no time change for the short program. This makes zero sense.

That makes me feel better. Samohin's 30 second overtime and Aliev's Axel-free program have clearly made me extra paranoid about people seeming to have forgotten rules. :laugh2:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Very disappointed to see the number of Japanese fans outside the arena after Yuzurus skate leaving the arena. You are here stay for the competition!

You realize they may have been jet-lagged, right?

xabia

On the Ice
Live Stream: There's a link on youtube which takes me to TV Livesport which asks me to register by clicking on another link which takes me to buddyplay. Buddyplay says it's free but they want me to give my credit card details. Has anyone used buddyplay? Is it safe?

Weetos

Final Flight
Live Stream: There's a link on youtube which takes me to TV Livesport which asks me to register by clicking on another link which takes me to buddyplay. Buddyplay says it's free but they want me to give my credit card details. Has anyone used buddyplay? Is it safe?

That sounds like something I would run far away from :/