2018 Autumn Classic International: Men's Pre-game chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic International: Men's Pre-game chat

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone have any news about Roman Sadovsky? He withdrew from his summer competitions, and he has been rather quiet on social media, so I'd greatly appreciate any update on him.

skateflake

On the Ice
Does anyone know the schedule for the livestream practice? Mine has no sound. Cannot tell who is on the ice.

champagnerain

Final Flight
Wait, I think that was Kevin Reynold's profile.

I think he was in that practice group. I feel like I remember them announcing multiple Canadians (maybe all three of them?). That said, I was a bit distracted by the fact that the announcer speaks French like a robot who has read it in a book and has never actually heard it spoken, and then I turned off the sound. :slink:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am so excited for this but also really sad that I am at work. I have to refresh the results page in between patients. :p

LisaS

On the Ice
Does anyone have any news about Roman Sadovsky? He withdrew from his summer competitions, and he has been rather quiet on social media, so I'd greatly appreciate any update on him.
I just saw him in the stands. I just got here and it looked like he came up from his practice

champagnerain

Final Flight
Did the announcer say the music time for Yuzuru's FS is 4:18? :confused: What's the new accepted time range? 4 minutes plus or minus 10 seconds?

Maybe I misheard it? :slink:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
No you heard it right. He said 4:18. Idk what that was about....It could be possible that Yuzuru starts moving after 10 seconds of music though. But 18 is quite long?

From what I saw from the little figure on screen from the stream, I really liked it. This is a great program for Yuzuru and his jumps looked awesome. Looking forward to see this in the real competition with better camera work! And not once did I think 'Plushenko' watching it.

skateflake

On the Ice
That is what I heard, too. Checked the official announcement:
FS music = 4 min + or - 10 seconds.

champagnerain

Final Flight
No you heard it right. He said 4:18. Idk what that was about....It could be possible that Yuzuru starts moving after 10 seconds of music though. But 18 is quite long?

From what I saw from the little figure on screen from the stream, I really liked it. This is a great program for Yuzuru and his jumps looked awesome. Looking forward to see this in the real competition with better camera work! And not once did I think 'Plushenko' watching it.

Daniel Samohin just got a -5.00 deduction in his SP at Nepela Trophy because he went nearly 30 seconds over time, so now I'm just really confused/paranoid that everyone has forgotten fundamental rules. :disapp:

What Yuzuru did of the program during practice did look awesome and all his jumps were looking great.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
oh lord
Jun's FS practice isn't even done yet and I am not liking what I'm seeing

Bring back the Planets program, Jun! It's not too late!! :drama:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Daniel Samohin just got a -5.00 deduction in his SP at Nepela Trophy because he went nearly 30 seconds over time, so now I'm just really confused/paranoid that everyone has forgotten fundamental rules. :disapp:

What Yuzuru did of the program during practice did look awesome and all his jumps were looking great.

Tbqh nothing really surprises me with Daniel Samohin - not even a thirty second overtime.

But no way does Yuzuru's team make such a fundamental mistake? They know it's only 4 minutes!

And yeah, the jumps looked great! I'm excited!

pearly

Record Breaker
At practices the announcer measures music time from the moment it starts until it ends. But for competition it's your skating time that matters. I think a skater has to start moving within 10 seconds of the beginning of their music and that is when you start timing. So if you have 10 sec of no skating and then 4:10 of skating, music time could still be 4:20 and you are still in the 4' +/- 10 rule?

Someone please correct me if this has changed. I don't know what the point timing is in this case - maybe to make sure your playback speed is correct?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm really liking how Jason's FS is shaping up so far. I wish there was a better transition to the poppy-fun part of the program.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I definitely liked the second half of Jason's FS. First half, not so sure. But it will end on a high note that's for sure. :thumbsup: