2018 Internationaux de France Rhythm Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Rhythm Dance

readernick

Medalist
If you want to see the TR done well look at the Olympics in 2010. The top three were all vastly superior to anything this season. Makes you wish Davis/ White or Virtue/Moir were still competing. The RD is a mess this year.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
This sleep-deprived ID Jon Snow will just say a few words and go to sleep (or torture myself and stay up for the ladies):

- G/P's FS is phenomenal and is 100% final material, and their RD is lovely as well, it's heartbreaking to think that they won't be there... :cry:

- P/C is (bleep) gorgeous and they have such emotion and chemistry on the ice. With V/M retired they are going to reign for a long, long time during this quad.

- S/K is still in that grey area between okay about them and liking them. But they are determined for sure, and they are good, so I can't complain.

- Jean-Luc Baker skating is a thing of beauty, but I vastly prefer their FD.

- Am I the only one who likes P/M and their drama llamas?

- I get that TR is a difficult pattern, but to this know-nothing this many teams getting level Bs or 1s are confusing since they look very smooth on the ice. What is the issue here?

- I have tried to educate myself on ID, but gave up after realizing that you need to have basic knowledge of ballroom dancing to begin with, and so will sadly remain Jon Snow probably.

LaArdilla

Medalist
A nice event overall but everyone was either jet lagged or super cautious. Is TR such a difficult pattern or do they not practice enough?

TR is the new twizzles!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
how can PC get many 10s for interpretation of music and timing... when one element made to measure that, the TR pattern, got them a level 1 because they missed their keypoints? Missing keypoints is missing their timing of steps on the pattern isn't it?

I am fine with rankings but that score for me is way too high and far apart from the other teams... the top 3-4 teams should be much closer IMHO but hey... i know nothing :)

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
My Eurosport keeps replaying Piper and Paul :D

Danny T

Medalist
Oh damn, out of curiosity I went back to rewatch the Olympics dances of the top three (D/S, V/M, D/W). I don't know how the keypoint works, but wow wow wow they were really much faster than everyone here :shocked:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mary and Alicia of the Flutzes and Waxels podcast have been on the warpath about TR levels all season, so I expect their episode about this event will be similarly annoyed.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh damn, out of curiosity I went back to rewatch the Olympics dances of the top three (D/S, V/M, D/W). I don't know how the keypoint works, but wow wow wow they were really much faster than everyone here :shocked:

I watched them a couple days ago and all three really were fantastic.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Well, you can look at their patterns and interpretation of the music scores then :biggrin: I don't think they are bad but just not on the highest (GPF final) level

I have to agree, still loving them as a team - the choreo is all sorts of too mellow and soft for the music and Tango style in general, too much of these spread eagles, slides, knee slides etc., it adds too much softness into the expression and lose sharpness that should be there in execution I feel. I don't want them to grab each others faces and be fake in it, but the choreo overall needs a swift kick in the backside. Along with the pattern...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
If you want to see the TR done well look at the Olympics in 2010. The top three were all vastly superior to anything this season. Makes you wish Davis/ White or Virtue/Moir were still competing. The RD is a mess this year.

It was a different time with different rules. Now it's not the point just to interpret tango, but to incorporate it in a bigger picture (with another dance rhythm preferably)

nocturnalis

Medalist
readernick;[URL="tel:2260332" said:
2260332[/URL]]If you want to see the TR done well look at the Olympics in 2010. The top three were all vastly superior to anything this season. Makes you wish Davis/ White or Virtue/Moir were still competing. The RD is a mess this year.
Although they didn’t have key points, that as with the OD and the Golden Waltz.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It was a different time with different rules. Now it's not the point just to interpret tango, but to incorporate it in a bigger picture (with another dance rhythm preferably)

Yup. And V&M and D&W were stellar at that task too. While the TR was not an SD rhythm in the 2010-2014 quad, the Yankee Polka, which is just as hard as the TR, was, and it has faster, trickier timing.

If Domnina & Shabalin had had the physical health, and had been able to continue to next quad, they would have been good at the SD too, as would Delobel and Schoenfelder. In fact I would love :love: to have seen them skate this Tango RD!

P&C have lovely stroking, but their timing has never been their strongest point.

We are seeing the fall out of now having few teams that ever really competed compulsory dances at a senior or even very seriously at the junior level.

Last edited:

StephenGfan

Final Flight
H/B were so robbed here. Love G/P but them and P/C were both super overscored here. I am going to be honest Everyone's RD this season besides S/B's falls flat and is kind of boring. *shrugs*