2018 JGP Bratislava Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Pairs SP

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Wow, these two were just pure elegance from start to finish. Even the way they took each other's hands as they stepped onto the ice was graceful.

I loved this pair. They're a kind of discovery for me. I will certainly follow their career and wish them brilliant development. Pure elegance and great chemistry and SBS spins to die for.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
1st place for Mishina-Galiamov. Really well-deserved, congratulations, I'm rooting for them this season :luv17: Akhanteva- Kolesov really surprised me..I did not know this pair too well until now, but their presentation is so elegant and solid. :thumbsup:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't normally watch juniors. What was the Mirzoev fiasco?

Mirzoev dumped her and made a big deal about how she was "so fat" at, IIRC, 97 pounds... wanted a partner who was something like 85 pounds and she said in a public statement there was no way for her to get that thin, so they split. I don't believe he's found a partner yet, or at least they've not really been competing if he has. Darn the bad luck. /sarcasm

edit: IIRC, he was all dramatic about it too, like how he just couldn't handle a partner "that big" blah blah blah. Good luck at finding someone, dude, because most adult women, including skaters, weigh more than 85 pounds. :frown:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Mirzoev dumped her and made a big deal about how she was "so fat" at, IIRC, 97 pounds... wanted a partner who was something like 85 pounds and she said in a public statement there was no way for her to get that thin, so they split. I don't believe he's found a partner yet, or at least they've not really been competing if he has. Darn the bad luck. /sarcasm
Oh! Thanks. I remember the story now just didn't have the names to put together.

Good for her then. I hope this partner is more supportive and positive.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh! Thanks. I remember the story now just didn't have the names to put together.

Good for her then. I hope this partner is more supportive and positive.

He does seem to be. I feel that would be a major part of the interview process, you know? :laugh: It's good to see her happy again. She's so talented... Mirzoev really shot himself in the foot.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
1st place for Mishina-Galiamov. Really well-deserved, congratulations, I'm rooting for them this season :luv17: Akhanteva- Kolesov really surprised me..I did not know this pair too well until now, but their presentation is so elegant and solid. :thumbsup:

I liked Mishina and Galiamov. They seem seniorish compared to other pairs that have competed today. I'm happy things seem to have been settling well for Anastasia after her previous partner left her giving so ridiculously disappointing overweight reason.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

edit: IIRC, he was all dramatic about it too, like how he just couldn't handle a partner "that big" blah blah blah. Good luck at finding someone, dude, because most adult women, including skaters, weigh more than 85 pounds. :frown:

I don't like Mirzoev. I remember how Mishina fell on a throw and he skated away with a noticeable scorn on his face. Glad she is thriving now.

hanca

Record Breaker

He did find a partner. After Mishina he skated with Gubina, who was at that time 12 or 13 while he was roughly 7 years older, so I guess she was light enough. But she was also pairs beginner, which meant a lot of work ahead to get to his level. He had only one more junior season left (while she wouldn’t be ready for competitions because she was only starting with pairs) and after that year he would age out and she wouldn’t be age eligible for seniors. So all that was quite doomed from the beginning I think. From obvious reasons it never got as far as competition. At that time he indicated that he had some injury that eventually ended his career. In recent interview he said that ‘circumstances beyond their control’ meant that they could not continue. Very mysterious! He is currently coaching. In the interview he sort of hinted that he may return to competition in the future, but given the circumstances I am not that optimistic. He is injury prone and is quite short for a pair male. And if he expects his partner to be so light, he may spend the rest of his life searching for the ideal partner.