2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
this is the Dodds who's also a single skater, right?

Yes but was. He retired from singles after Nationals this season :cry:

This was their first Worlds together! He hadn't even been doing ice dance a full year at this point.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Yes but was. He retired from singles after Nationals this season :cry:

This was their first Worlds together! He hadn't even been doing ice dance a full year at this point.

sadly it shows according to the score box, they didn't get a single green mark.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
sadly it shows according to the score box, they didn't get a single green mark.

Yeah, I don't think anyone - even them - was expecting much better than this result, but the fact they went from 0 to Worlds minimums in the span of about seven months was very impressive and got quite a lot of us excited. If we'd made the team event, they would have gone to the Olympics.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It feels weird now to see Soucisse/Firus in the second flight

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All right all, going to have an early night before I dream in latin rhythm haha. See you tomorrow for the FD! :bed:

aname

On the Ice
I didn't remember that the rhumba pattern only had 3 key points. Can anybody tell me how did you get a level 4 back then? The key points and... what else?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I didn't remember that the rhumba pattern only had 3 key points. Can anybody tell me how did you get a level 4 back then? The key points and... what else?

I think it went:

3Ns = Level 1
1Y 2Ns = Level 2
2Ys 1N = Level 3
3Ys = Level 4

aname

On the Ice
Oh Cessiville, another one of these teams that don't exist anymore

The Aussies are the only ones we've seen this far that are still together and skating, I think?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I always forget that Anna was Junior World Champion until I look at her biography and get reminded! I'm glad she found another partner after Sergei and continued skating.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Are they split/retired? Or were they injured this season and planning a comeback?

I'm not sure why they were absent this season but I think they're planning a comeback. They posted something on Instagram in February about returning after 7 months off, so hopefully we'll see them next season.

aname

On the Ice
That lift always makes me a bit nervous because of her blade being so near his face (eeeek!)

But yeah a nice one from Caro&Shane! I hope they'll be able to find their groove again after a couple of rough seasons

I also appreciate that in this group there are several guys wearing something other than a solid black v-neck lol

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
And with the introduction of this group we're up to 4/12 non split or retired couples so far...
Allison / Saulius
Anna / Adam
Carolane / Shane
Chantelle / Andrew