2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Happy for Young, Hae In, Seoyeong Wi, Jun Hwan and Yelim. Devastated for Eunsoo :(

Yes, Eunsoo Lim really seems to struggle over this season.

Returning to Raf's or staying to train in Korea?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes, Eunsoo Lim really seems to struggle over this season.

Returning to Raf's or staying to train in Korea?

I’m not sure she’d wish to return to Raf and I think I’d be the same in reverse.

I’m heartbroken for Eunsoo considering she was the one to earn the second spot.

Albus

Match Penalty
Eunsoo should had gone to saint Petersburg or Moscow last summer instead of Rafael in the us. That was an obvious mistake, she has overgrown north American level. Does she know Russian, maybe it is not too late? There is a big Korean diaspora in Russia.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
The disruption to her training at the end of last season and shift to coaches with different technique than Rafael just put her on a tough footing that hasn't improved. It's a really sad situation because she had built up so much momentum last season. I hope she has a better outing at 4CC and figures out what she needs to progress again.

Kara

Final Flight
It's so sad to see the state of her toe jumps right now. The timing for all of them is really off, even the 2nd 3T which she was always had so much pop is nothing like what it used to be. I feel for her so hard right now and I just hope she doesn't feel too down for events that were completely not her fault and just focuses on recovery and getting used to her current training situation.

As for Young, impressed with her improvement and glad that her fight and challenging nature is paying off. I had always wanted the Korean skaters to go to a Japanese coach so I'm happy I finally got my wish. Yelim seems faster and she is serving LOOKS.:dance2: I'm still waiting for her to really find a breakthrough program for herself. Haein's FS is that for her with that lovely step sequence. Really hoping she and Seoyeong can bring in 3 spots for JW next year and max JGP spots!! We all know Seoyeong needs improvement in the components part, but I love her and her fantastic laybacks.

Also, did Yunkyung Kam officially retire?:cry: So so much potential...

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
As for Young, impressed with her improvement and glad that her fight and challenging nature is paying off. I had always wanted the Korean skaters to go to a Japanese coach so I'm happy I finally got my wish.

I only managed to watch her free skate for which she scored 143 and 220 overall. Given the reactions of Korean commentators, the score was astronomical. Young skated like Kihira, another pupil of the famous coach. She only stepped out of the opening triple axel and the rest of the free program was almost clean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ZDEURIY1Y

gotoschool

Medalist
I thought this was adorable. Near the beginning of the video and just before the awards ceremony, Young You and Ha-ein Lee caught "red handed" on camera playing some clapping game, laughing and then stopping and both putting their hands on the boards when they seemed to notice the camera. In addition to Young You and Haein Lee's fabulous performances, I noticed that Ye-lim Kim's skating skills have really improved. I hope they all skate great and that Eunsoo Lim can get her jumps on the right angle to land them well at 4CC's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbCmn6Nk3ig

bluefox

Spectator
This might unfortunatly be more proof that they aren't pushing for Yelim despite her doing so well at the rankings and getting 3rd at Nats. KBS's yt channel "KBS 스포츠" has put up 7 skating videos for nats; 2 for mens, 2 for Haein, 2 for Young, and 1 for Eunsoo, but sadly none for Yelim. She might not be as marketable but she is stunning to watch which should be the whole point imo. :/

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
This might unfortunatly be more proof that they aren't pushing for Yelim despite her doing so well at the rankings and getting 3rd at Nats. KBS's yt channel "KBS 스포츠" has put up 7 skating videos for nats; 2 for mens, 2 for Haein, 2 for Young, and 1 for Eunsoo, but sadly none for Yelim. She might not be as marketable but she is stunning to watch which should be the whole point imo. :/

:scratch2: Weird. Well, both her skates are on YouTube by other parties, thankfully.

SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9MUSy7LkNc
FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxO3R920unM

gotoschool

Medalist
Young You hit the 3A at the youth olympics! She was in first place after sp. This routine makes her so worn out though. It really seems like shes pushing herself to her limits every skate.

https://youtu.be/t4yFIMGPCmw

I love Young You's performance and she poured so much emotion into it with such speed and beautiful jumps and pirouettes which is a great feature of this performance. However, she did not do a triple axel in the SP and it is my understanding that she isn't allowed to do one either since it is a Junior's competition and a skater can only do a double axel and must also do a triple loop in the SP. I hope she will have a great and clean LP with a gorgeous triple axel.

renebaebae

On the Ice
I love Young You's performance and she poured so much emotion into it with such speed and beautiful jumps and pirouettes which is a great feature of this performance. However, she did not do a triple axel in the SP and it is my understanding that she isn't allowed to do one either since it is a Junior's competition and a skater can only do a double axel and must also do a triple loop in the SP. I hope she will have a great and clean LP with a gorgeous triple axel.

Junior skaters must do a solo double axel in the SP so if they want to do a 3A they have to do it in combination.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Congrats to Young You! Her first Olympic gold and two new World records. She broke the highest PCs World record for Juniors in the SP and FS

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Young got the gold, Younghyun was 5th (without quads or 3As, mind you), I'm very proud of those two. Hope they get to do some sightseeing before returning to Colorado and Korea and preparing for their next competition (for Young 4CC, for Younghyun the Winter Sports Festival for his college portfolio)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Young got the gold, Younghyun was 5th (without quads or 3As, mind you), I'm very proud of those two. Hope they get to do some sightseeing before returning to Colorado and Korea and preparing for their next competition (for Young 4CC, for Younghyun the Winter Sports Festival for his college portfolio)

Can I say, as someone who works for a university, that I am delighted to hear that this young man is choosing to include figure skating as part of his college portfolio? I love it!