2019 Four Continents Rhythm Dance | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
If this ID Jon Snow may say something:

- A lot of lovely dresses, Madison Chock's the most tango-like, Piper's the most eye-catching, and Laurence F-B's the most to my tastes. And whew I wasn't the only one who thought her dress made it look like Madison Hubbell had a tattoo on her back

- Was pretty surprised at the GOE W/P's twizzles got, I know nothing and they do have great speed and flow across the ice, but those twizzles were pretty botched, weren't they? Otherwise they did great (to my eyes at least), but still :slink:

- If I knew anything about ID I would've said C/B deserved to be in first, but since I don't I'll just say I loved C/B's tango. So fiery and passionate, her diva-ness shining with his strong partnering.

- Damn those levels again, I love G/P's tango :sad4: But they still were great, emotionally captivating and charming. And we all know what masterpiece they have for their FD :luv17:

- The Danadians (or was it the Canes? :laugh:) were quite charming, as I said I love her dress and they have good chemistry together.

- Wang/Liu didn't have their best skate, but I still loved it anyway. They are just so fun to watch, they're going to do a splendid job with Broadway as the RD for next season.

- "Tom Koleto", like how do you get Tim wrong :palmf: I thought the lady announcer had butchered enough names at the ladies' event, apparently not.

- The Aussie man does both singles and dance, wowza.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not long finished the Short, and I am so glad that I decided to read the thread in time with watching. Because you guys were so entertaining.

I don't think I have ever laughed so much as I did at that incident with the kiss, and the comments on here about it. :laugh: (Didn't realise that Mitsomato and Tom are Dance partners on and off the ice, never mind that they are married!)

Perhaps now is the time that Timothy should start thinking about using his full name.

(Slightly off topic, but is it just me, or does anybody else cringe whenever they come across twins that have been named Timothy and Thomas, purely so that they can be shortened to Tim and Tom?)

A thing I have been wondering for a few years - who is the Ryan Seacrest lookalike? And what exactly is his role? The reason I am asking is that I was wondering if he could be drafted in to do the rink-side announcing instead of yer woman. After all, he introduces the skaters during the Gala at Skate America every year. So, why not have him do it for the competitions as well?

I have so much admiration for Andrew Dodds for doing both Singles and Dance here. It is not the first time we have seen skaters doing the double (Dušková, Bidař, Séguin and Andrew's brother, Matthew, immediately spring to mind), but it is very rare for them to be doing it at a Major championship.

BUT, I am sorry, but I am finding it hard to warm to Chantelle. And it's not just because of that stunt she pulled trying to steal Brooklee's Olympic slot. For me, it was very telling when I heard somebody who worships the ground that Brendan walks on saying that they just can't take to his sister.

That was a few years ago, though, and she has got older since then. So, I am open to her changing my mind.

Anyway, after all the controversy over the results of the Short (which I am deliberately staying well clear of commenting about!), I'm looking forward to the Free.

CaroLiza_fan

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
A thing I have been wondering for a few years - who is the Ryan Seacrest lookalike? And what exactly is his role? The reason I am asking is that I was wondering if he could be drafted in to do the rink-side announcing instead of yer woman. After all, he introduces the skaters during the Gala at Skate America every year. So, why not have him do it for the competitions as well?

He's the Jumbotron King... when there's a break he entertains the crowd with interviews and giveaways and other nonsensical things. He works with Meryl during Nationals and then apparently is solo for the international events they get to host.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I'm watching after the fact- its been a minute and Siri (the announcer) is already driving me insane

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
- The Aussie man does both singles and dance, wowza.[/QUOTE]

And at Olympic level too - Andrew Dodds is amazing!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
He's the Jumbotron King... when there's a break he entertains the crowd with interviews and giveaways and other nonsensical things. He works with Meryl during Nationals and then apparently is solo for the international events they get to host.

Now that is a title! :laugh:

Apart from the Pairs SP, I have been watching 4 Continents on catch-up. For any other competition that I wasn't watching at the time, I would just wind through the resurfacings. But this time I haven't, because I spotted the interesting features being shown to the spectators. The only problem is that the sound isn't coming through very clearly.

He is definitely great at keeping everybody entertained. I absolutely loved that wee challenge he set the local skaters during the Skate America Gala this year. And from what I have managed to hear, he is a good interviewer as well.

So, I don't understand why they only use him for announcing during the Galas. I wonder if he has some backstage technical role during the competitions that means that he can't do the announcing there too.

CaroLiza_fan

viennaskater

Medalist
Oh ok I actually went to the trouble to read some of your comments and it seems I am in good company in hating this announcer. And yes, I do think she sounds drunk.

That style of announcing might sound 'cool and cute' to some Americans but it is cringeworthy and embarrassing and makes the event seem like a circus freak show. It may fly at a gala but not during competition. There is a protocol to be followed and some professionalism has to be displayed. I actually have the feeling that she wasn't drunk, she just thinks it makes it 'fun'. Well hardy-ha, NO it's AWFUL.

I would love to know what the ISU think of it. And the skaters?? They are for sure not used to such nonsense, and their names being said wrong.

Please, take note, if you powers-that-be are reading this.

cell

On the Ice
That style of announcing might sound 'cool and cute' to some Americans but it is cringeworthy and embarrassing and makes the event seem like a circus freak show. It may fly at a gala but not during competition. There is a protocol to be followed and some professionalism has to be displayed. I actually have the feeling that she wasn't drunk, she just thinks it makes it 'fun'. Well hardy-ha, NO it's AWFUL.

I would love to know what the ISU think of it. And the skaters?? They are for sure not used to such nonsense, and their names being said wrong.

Please, take note, if you powers-that-be are reading this.

It was funny in a "so bad it's good" way :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
That style of announcing might sound 'cool and cute' to some Americans but it is cringeworthy and embarrassing and makes the event seem like a circus freak show.

I haven't read an American yet who has enjoyed her announcing during this event. :shrug: for whatever reason she is trying WAY too hard, and doing a really poor job.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Now that is a title! :laugh:

Apart from the Pairs SP, I have been watching 4 Continents on catch-up. For any other competition that I wasn't watching at the time, I would just wind through the resurfacings. But this time I haven't, because I spotted the interesting features being shown to the spectators. The only problem is that the sound isn't coming through very clearly.

He is definitely great at keeping everybody entertained. I absolutely loved that wee challenge he set the local skaters during the Skate America Gala this year. And from what I have managed to hear, he is a good interviewer as well.

So, I don't understand why they only use him for announcing during the Galas. I wonder if he has some backstage technical role during the competitions that means that he can't do the announcing there too.

CaroLiza_fan

I get pretty tired of him after a week at Nationals :laugh: but anything would be better than these announcers this weekend. dear lord.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wish they’d put PJ in a fighter aircraft and blast that thing to supersonic ludicrous speed to get her to California in time to take over for these announcers for the pairs free.

The Canadian man whose name I can’t remember; he does a lot of the announcing for all the Canadian competitions, he’s announcing at the Ontario Synchronized Skating Championships this weekend, so he’s unavailable, but he’d be another excellent option.

I’d even take fourteen Rod Black clones as an alternative. Ewww. :palmf:

viennaskater

Medalist
I haven't read an American yet who has enjoyed her announcing during this event.

I was thinking of the audience AT the event. Fortunately I read plenty here to see that no one appreciates it. If I had been in that audience, I would have rolled my eyes and groaned a LOT. :rolleye:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was thinking of the audience AT the event. Fortunately I read plenty here to see that no one appreciates it. If I had been in that audience, I would have rolled my eyes and groaned a LOT. :rolleye:

I have friends there, they find her just as annoying as we do, I promise! :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

There was actually quite a bit of groaning and cringing during the event. I think a lot of laughter in the audience was sheer disbelief, especially the Tim/Tom thing.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I wish they’d put PJ in a fighter aircraft and blast that thing to supersonic ludicrous speed to get her to California in time to take over for these announcers for the pairs free.

PJ's a legend, 8 Olympic Games and counting. She has seen it all: SLC Scandal, Mao vs. Yuna, V/M vs. D/W, Team Canada Gold...

I’d even take fourteen Rod Black clones as an alternative. Ewww. :palmf:

:laugh: "Run [Audience] Run" ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
BUT, I am sorry, but I am finding it hard to warm to Chantelle. And it's not just because of that stunt she pulled trying to steal Brooklee's Olympic slot. For me, it was very telling when I heard somebody who worships the ground that Brendan walks on saying that they just can't take to his sister.

That was a few years ago, though, and she has got older since then. So, I am open to her changing my mind.
a

Brendan and Chantelle have quite different personalities. I had to put a bit of work into explaining they were brother and sister to someone yesterday because both looks and persona-wise they are quite opposite.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
There was actually quite a bit of groaning and cringing during the event. I think a lot of laughter in the audience was sheer disbelief, especially the Tim/Tom thing.

We had a ton of laugh yesterday while watching, also Tim's reaction on kisses thing:laugh: