2018 Russian FS Championships Men FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian FS Championships Men FS

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I was so heart broken for Voronov, so didn't really pay attention to the rest of the men's free and other events. Rewatching it with more attention, I can say what a disastrous splatfest happened which automatically reminds me of the Sochi men's FS that I never wish to see it again. Thankfully Aliev delivered a less bombing performance with some beauty in his skating.

Samarin's solid consistency this season was totally shaken like going back to his old days in juniors. However he got a higher score in the FS than Voronov. lol.....Yeah, he had a good short score with inflated PCS and higher BV in FS than Voronov, but that didn't excuse his severely botched free and undeserving PCS score. High BV doesn't equate actual executions. The fed obviously has picked him as their favorite for the Olympics. I like Samarin, and but this kind of judging and tilted favoritism don't help the youngster at all for further development, but rather put off some of his casual fans such as me rooting for him.

I really hope that Voronov at least has a chance to compete at Euros based on the body of work this season. So far he is the most consistent skater among all Russian skaters in men even with the FS at Nationals.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was so heart broken for Voronov, so didn't really pay attention to the rest of the men's free and other events. Rewatching it with more attention, I can say what a disastrous splatfest happened which automatically reminds me of the Sochi men's FS that I never wish to see it again. Thankfully Aliev delivered a less bombing performance with some beauty in his skating.

Samarin's solid consistency this season was totally shaken like going back to his old days in juniors. However he got a higher score in the FS than Voronov. lol.....Yeah, he had a good short score with inflated PCS and higher BV in FS than Voronov, but that didn't excuse his severely botched free and undeserving PCS score. High BV doesn't equate actual executions. The fed obviously has picked him as their favorite for the Olympics. I like Samarin, and but this kind of judging and tilted favoritism don't help the youngster at all for further development, but rather put off some of his casual fans such as me rooting for him.

I really hope that Voronov at least has a chance to compete at Euros based on the body of work this season. So far he is the most consistent skater among all Russian skaters in men even with the FS at Nationals.

Samarin was not really that consistent. He didn't have a great LP in France and he was well behind Sergei at the Nepela Trophy. He can handle the SP, but so far we've only seen him put 2 cleanish programs together once...that's not what I call consistent.

They will not Sergei to Euros. I hope this blows up in the Fed's face, badly. I'm livid about it and I say that as a huge Dima fan.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Samarin was not really that consistent. He didn't have a great LP in France and he was well behind Sergei at the Nepela Trophy. He can handle the SP, but so far we've only seen him put 2 cleanish programs together once...that's not what I call consistent.

They will not Sergei to Euros. I hope this blows up in the Fed's face, badly. I'm livid about it and I say that as a huge Dima fan.

It is officially confirmed? So I can cry for real... :sad4:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Well BS knew that the Fed is ready to replace them with SB & what they did
Skated lights out & the Fed had to swallow!
Sergei decided to help the Fed dump him...
He needed to be 200% better than Samarin

Sad reality

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

Sad reality

Yeah, Sergei already knew the game was against him, and after three almost clean competitions this season he didn't do his job in the most important one. With the score Samarin got in his FP, Sergei could have won him handily.

Tinza

Rinkside

Sad reality

But there was no need to be better than Samarin. Europeans will be important, there he would need to be better than Samarin.

Voronov only had to be better than Aliev here. That was not difficult, it was easy. He got better PCS than Aliev in the Short Program, so no need to think they didn't want him. But he couldn't manage it. It was his own fault.

I don't understand always this 'oh poor Voronov, the Russian Federation hates him'. They paid for his training all this years, if they never wanted him, they should have stoped to pay for him.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
But there was no need to be better than Samarin. Europeans will be important, there he would need to be better than Samarin.

Voronov only had to be better than Aliev here. That was not difficult, it was easy. He got better PCS than Aliev in the Short Program, so no need to think they didn't want him. But he couldn't manage it. It was his own fault.

I don't understand always this 'oh poor Voronov, the Russian Federation hates him'. They paid for his training all this years, if they never wanted him, they should have stoped to pay for him.

You have no idea what you are talking about...let's leave it at that. They DO withhold funding from him...they kept him off the main team the last 2 years while including much worse skaters like Petrov. They've killed his Olympic dream 3 TIMES now. By the way, Oleg Vasiliev thought Sergei deserved 3rd here over Dima and he has no dog in this fight. Dima's LP wasn't good either.

Why should Sergei always be expected to be 100% perfect when the younger skaters can mess up badly, over and over again, and still see their scores go up? One little error from him and they start finding ways to hold him down. You don't find that remotely unfair?

ewdokia

On the Ice
Sad reality

B/S did not qualify for GPF. They could calmly prepare for RN. Sergei was not even in the position to skate lights out as he sure was still tired after GPF (ask Kolyada, he mentioned that in the press conference that he simply was still tired). With that it was just double unfair: Dima beat Sergei by just by a few points and you can argue results might have gone the other way round, basically 2-4 skated just equally bad overall. If Samarin had been properly marked on PCS (and his jumps – his 4L looked ur), he might have been 4th as well. His PCS at this competition were a joke. :devil:

So despite he must have been just as tired as Misha, Sergei didn’t skate really worse than Samarin or Aliew, still RF makes their decision based on a questionable 5 point lead of Dima, totally ignoring the rest of the season. If there was a let’s say 40 points gap between Sergei and the others, this decision could at least somehow be justified, but not with the actual skating we’ve seen at this comp. :disagree:

But what annoys me most: if at least this would help one of the two skaters. But this decision is totally not in the long-term interest of Dima. I worry about him and I’m frustrated how his coach is acting recently. Rukavitsin already announced that Dima will bring back 4L for Euros. Dima on the other hand mentioned that it’s hard for him to practice as injury is still a problem and now they will even increase the work load and pressure on his foot. But yeah, Ruk for the first time in his life wants to go to the Olympics, who cares about a long-term career, he is just following the trend in Russian skating. And that he thinks Dima has a real chance to qualify for Korea force majeure excluded and by actual performance tells you he is not the most clever coach out there. :rolleye:

ewdokia

On the Ice
Wow, you don't have any clue about his funding situation (which at least partly could be learned by reading Gontcharenko’s recent interview on Sergei’s situation, so it’s not that you need to be an insider). :palmf:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Hey I don't support the Fed but it is what it is (look at Masha's ridic score :laugh:)

As for Dima it was clear (to me) that this year the tendency to to prop younger skaters imo that's why he was given the bronze
Imo again it was bad decision even for Dima himself cause he needs to properly recover
Now he has to prep for an important comp instead of taking 1 step at a time
The Fed is stupid enough to make short term decisions instead of looking into the future
But what's new:confused2:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
You know, this was a very disappointing competition, very different from the ladies.
BUT, I would have the Euros team be Kolyada, Samarin, and Voronov.
Samarin and Aliev were both pretty hyped as the next big thing in Russian men's skating. Samarin's been holding up decently, not well, but all right. But Aliev has kind of crumbled under the pressure and suddenly you're going to send him to Euros and maybe the Olympics over someone who made the GPF, has had his best season so far, and is on an upward season.
The only Russian man I'm a fan of is Kolyada, so I'm not too invested, but this seems a bit ridiculous even to me. Interesting that ladies had the opposite problem, where fourth place was massively overscored. Of course, if all the men are going to make that many mistakes, none of them are really gunning for an Olympic medal...