2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fierce from W/L! Didn't look like they hit all the KPs but speed on the pattern looks improved. Good showing!

Man, I think this will score better than G/P and push them into second group tomorrow.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rough day for Canada in Ice Dance. The lack of depth if G/P struggle is obvious.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
W/L have just beaten G/P by a nose.... they look like a pair team, he is so much taller! Fun programme!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Rink Dimensions. While North American Olympics of the past have used NHL arenas measuring 200′ x 85′, PyeongChang is a true international rink at 200′ x 100′. ... Gretzky's Office – the space behind the net – is two feet larger, with the goal line 13 feet from the end boards rather than 11 feet as it is in the NHL.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
An entire season had to die for the Olympics. Canada, it’s apparently time to chose: Keegan Messing or ice dance. Neither can live until the other has died or however the Harry Potter goes.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I want to see G/P at the final too, but can I ask: am I the only person who knew Wang/Liu's program was Pirates of the Caribbean?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's a hockey rink. They train on Olympic size ice.

Oh I know that silly, Yuzudaughter competed at Scarboro Ice Galaxy the last two seasons. :p It’s a Carol Lane thou, she’s my kindred spirit of snark, along with Sir David “bathroom break” Pelletier.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Honestly I can't believe the rinks are not identical in size. What the heck? Some are smaller than others...what a mess

Most North American rinks are NHL-sized 61 x 26 m, Olympic-sized rinks are 60 x 30 m with a little bit of difference of radius in the corners. Top level skaters who compete internationally are used to training on and adjusting their patterns to either size.

In other words, no excuses here. All the teams have the same rink layout to work with per competition.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am with you :console:

It is just...incredibly frustrating to see the full potential of that RD not being realized. Arguably, but for me the most original, authentic and vibrant RD from them all which sculpts the music by movement in exceptional way, a program that actually differentiates tempo in elements and is not just a push-face-push to the finish. I am crying from not being able to do something with it, however pathetic it sounds. It is just hard for me accepting them being such headcases when it comes to competition...

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I want to see G/P at the final too, but can I ask: am I the only person who knew Wang/Liu's program was Pirates of the Caribbean?

I didn’t. Never saw the movie. I do remember Passion of the Christ released around the same time and the memes with PotC/PotC were pretty great.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Rink Dimensions. While North American Olympics of the past have used NHL arenas measuring 200′ x 85′, PyeongChang is a true international rink at 200′ x 100′. ... Gretzky's Office – the space behind the net – is two feet larger, with the goal line 13 feet from the end boards rather than 11 feet as it is in the NHL.

Some rinks (like one I grew up skating at) have an NHL rink and Olympic rink, which is nice. But a lot of places only have NHL rinks because they need them for hockey.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well whoever thought Canada was a sure bet in the GPF with Gilles and Porier the dream is over and the nightmare has begun. What a mess, disaster and both Canadianice dance team from contenders here at Skate Canada to bad pretenders. G and P need toskate consistent andcleanif they want to get accepted. This really is just horrible. This team keeps showing brililance and then disaster.

Well, that escalated quickly.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
CTV throwing some serious shade here.. G/P fail so lets do a fluff piece on W/P... The SHADE! THE SHADE!