2015 Philadelphia Summer Championships July 15-18 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Philadelphia Summer Championships July 15-18

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey small world! I went to Strath Haven High School and grew up in Rutledge. Spent a lot of years skating at Ice Works in Aston and sometimes the Skating Club of Wilmington. I'm on the west coast now.

I'd say Aston is neither rural nor urban. It's a classic middle class Philly suburb. Just off the 95 and almost bordering Delaware.

Anyway just wanted to say hi to a former neighbor :biggrin:

Good to hear from you, sbaker. Small world indeed, although you have certainly traveled far. Unlike you, I was never a (real) skater myself, just a fan. I went to IceWorks once in my life, and I think it was to watch a club hockey game.

Then again, I am must admit that when I graduated from Ridley, Swarthmore High was about two miles away, for those Rutledge kids. Strath Haven did not exist until some years later. ;)

Let me know if you want to come back and go to the Liberty competition:laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm a little confused re: the dates for this year's comp. Are they from 7/15-7/18 or from 7/16-7/19? We plan to be there!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm a little confused re: the dates for this year's comp. Are they from 7/15-7/18 or from 7/16-7/19? We plan to be there!

According to the event websites:

The dates of the new Philadelphia Summer International Competition are Fri Jul 17 and Sat Jul 18.

And the dates of the traditional Philadelphia Summer Championships (formerly known as Liberty) are:
• 6.0 Events – July 14 and 15
• IJS Events – July 15 – 18
http://iceworkssc.org/liberty/
http://iceworkssc.org/liberty/2015schedules/60CompetitionSchedules.pdf (nine-page PDF with Tue-Sat schedules for both 6.0 and IJS segments)​

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! We'll have to figure out when to start going and take it from there!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still thinking ... And thanks for the correct spelling of Aleksei's name. I knew it was wrong, but couldn't be bothered to look it up:cool:

Too bad there's no chance in Hades that Jason or Adam would show up for this:laugh:

A few seasons back, we got to watch Adam skate for about a half hour. This was when he was being coached by Brian Orser. Adam wasn't competing there, but he was being monitored by the USFS. What a treat to watch him skate (without music), and to finally meet & talk to Brian O. up close & personal. That was the first summer we got to attend this comp. It has been a treat to attend this comp ever since, as we have gotten to see a number of skaters we really like develop from intermediate to junior, junior to senior, etc. - Keegan Messing, Ross Miner, Sean Rabbitt, Armin M., Ashley W., Patrick C., Max A., etc.

Hoping that Ashley Cain will be able to skate. According to her dad, Peter Cain (delightful guy - my friend & I got to talk to him yesterday), she may have a stress fracture.

Andrew is not to be missed, if he's able to compete here!

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Updated links for the 2015 Philadelphia Summer Championships have been added to the "Liberty" (non-international) home page:

Photo of the medals (non-international and international in the same photo):

Last edited:

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Does anyone can record the performance of Veronik Mallet and Roxanne Rheault SP & FS and put it on youtube ? :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A few seasons back, we got to watch Adam skate for about a half hour. This was when he was being coached by Brian Orser. Adam wasn't competing there, but he was being monitored by the USFS. What a treat to watch him skate (without music), and to finally meet & talk to Brian O. up close & personal. That was the first summer we got to attend this comp. It has been a treat to attend this comp ever since, as we have gotten to see a number of skaters we really like develop from intermediate to junior, junior to senior, etc. - Keegan Messing, Ross Miner, Sean Rabbitt, Armin M., Ashley W., Patrick C., Max A., etc.

Hoping that Ashley Cain will be able to skate. According to her dad, Peter Cain (delightful guy - my friend & I got to talk to him yesterday), she may have a stress fracture.

Andrew is not to be missed, if he's able to compete here!

Unfortunately family circumstances are such that I will not be returning to Delco, at least this year. Torgashev was a real draw for me as well. Now that I am back following skating, I would love in theory to support a smaller comp.

If anyone out there wants to set up a Lehigh Valley Invitational, let me know, and I will volunteer!:biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Updated links for the 2015 Philadelphia Summer Championships have been added to the "Liberty" (non-international) home page:

Re RESULTS:

More 2015 results (IJS, at least in part) for Wed and Thu are in zip files -- links are on this page:

The results are divided into segments. Because of problems related only to my computer (I think), I could open only one of the segments. But I am hopeful that the links will work OK for others.

(The 2015 schedule at the link above does not give the segment numbering, unfortunately.)​

Re VIDEOS:

A selection of videos is on TSL's Facebook page.

I posted the link for Ashley Cain's SP above.
Last I checked, TSL also had Veronik Mallet's (IIRC) and a few other ladies' + a couple of men's.​

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Bychenko only skated his sp. He was wonderful in it, & I wish he had also skated his fs. He was there as a spectator for the free skate.

That seems kind of odd, if he wasn't injured or something. I'm sure he could have won. :confused: Not that I mind Daniel winning...

truthbooth

On the Ice
Re RESULTS:

More 2015 results (IJS, at least in part) for Wed and Thu are in zip files -- links are on this page:

The results are divided into segments. Because of problems related only to my computer (I think), I could open only one of the segments. But I am hopeful that the links will work OK for others.

(The 2015 schedule at the link above does not give the segment numbering, unfortunately.)​

Re VIDEOS:

A selection of videos is on TSL's Facebook page.

I posted the link for Ashley Cain's SP above.
Last I checked, TSL also had Veronik Mallet's (IIRC) and a few other ladies' + a couple of men's.​

The Wednesday and Thursday results links take me to a "404 - Not Found" page. Anyone else having this issue?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The Wednesday and Thursday results links take me to a "404 - Not Found" page. Anyone else having this issue?

Yesterday, I was able to download the zip file for Rink 3, and then to open one of the segments for Rink 3.
(Although I could not get Rink 1 and Rink 2 to work, I never got the 404 message.)

But I just tried again today, and now I am getting the 404 message for all three rinks. :(

eta, UPDATE (30 minutes later):
I rebooted my computer, and now I am able to open segments for all three Rinks :).
I don't know what solved my problem -- but maybe it was just rebooting.​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker