Spanish National Championships, 15–17 December 2017 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Spanish National Championships, 15–17 December 2017

Venca

Spectator
Sara and Kirill will go to Europeo and olimpics and Olivia and Adriá will go to the world champions, that say the commentators

Weathergal

Medalist
In the fall, apparently. It was just said in passing by the commentators, apparently when he was going to the hospital he didn't even know he had won

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the info Mussique. I don't want to practice medicine (seeing as how that isn't my background), but I'm thinking he should have gone to the hospital right away - and not skated his FP first. I will be wondering about him and hoping he's OK. How scary! If you have any updates on his condition, could you please let us know?

Dafne

Rinkside
FS:

1- Javier Fernández: 180.57
2- Felipe Montoya: 143.29
3- Javier Raya: 134.91

Total Score:

1- Javier Fernández: 288.30
2- Javier Raya: 213.72
3- Felipe Montoya: 210.95

Adding the results of the Golden Spin of Zagreb, Felipe Montoya gets the 2nd spot for the Olympics, with a difference of 23'84 points (don't have a calculator right know, I hope is okay :scratch2: )

Venca

Spectator
FS:

1- Javier Fernández: 180.57
2- Felipe Montoya: 143.29
3- Javier Raya: 134.91

Total Score:

1- Javier Fernández: 288.30
2- Javier Raya: 213.72
3- Felipe Montoya: 210.95

Adding the results of the Golden Spin of Zagreb, Felipe Montoya gets the 2nd spot for the Olympics, with a difference of 23'84 points (don't have a calculator right know, I hope is okay :scratch2: )

JJOO:

1. Montoya 65.70+127.39+67.66+143.29=404.04
2. Raya 60.46+106.02+78.81+134.91=380.2

Difference 24,02 points

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Does that mean that a possible GP spot next season will likely go to S/D again? Not sure of the implications.

GP spots base not only on Worlds placement, but also WR and SB, so if H/K scores will be in top24 or they would climb in ranking to top24, they will be invited regardles.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
It was great to see novice and junior skaters, Spain doesn't have dozens of young promises but there were at least a couple of young talents in most categories and that's good news. Being honest, most of then looked better that Javi at the same age :laugh:
Let's see what the future brings but, for now, we have a future...

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
That's my issue though. They set criterias, but I didn't forget S/D went to Skate Canada and skated well (especially the SD). If I were to look at the overall picture, the whole season, I'd sent them over H/K. Considering they are nationals champions now, it makes it even weirder (last year they weren't and were sent to worlds...).
But this is the fed criterias, so they must respect it otherwise it doesn't make any sense. They can't do that to H/K twice in a row that would be pathetic.

The point is that is not just the fed criteriae, but common criteriae of the fed and Spanish olympic committee since it is about the olympic spot. So maybe the fed would have wanted to change something after the nationals, but they simply can't.

I appreciate the Fedhielo's sense of humour. In the tweet about awarding olympis spot they say "It is prohibited to arrange holidays for February" :laugh: :thumbsup:

It is good that each team will compete internationally this season. They both deserve it.

Mussique

On the Ice
Oh my goodness! Thanks for the info Mussique. I don't want to practice medicine (seeing as how that isn't my background), but I'm thinking he should have gone to the hospital right away - and not skated his FP first. I will be wondering about him and hoping he's OK. How scary! If you have any updates on his condition, could you please let us know?

He's apparently OK now and with his family (and a brand new advance novice gold medal!), so just a scare.
And a small mistake —he had the fall during the program (still he didn't stop even when he was going literally half blind)

Weathergal

Medalist
He's apparently OK now and with his family (and a brand new advance novice gold medal!), so just a scare.
And a small mistake —he had the fall during the program (still he didn't stop even when he was going literally half blind)

Thank you so much for the update - and clarification. I am so glad to hear he is OK! :thank:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Apparently Pablo García (novice, male) had a bad fall before the FS and won even being blind in one eye while performing. He's now in the hospital.
So brave!! Please take care of yourself.

Do you have any news on his health? I feel very troubled for him skating after the fall, hearing now through what Joshua Farris is going through. I really wish that his team would have stopped him and send him straight to a hospital.

Mussique

On the Ice
Do you have any news on his health? I feel very troubled for him skating after the fall, hearing now through what Joshua Farris is going through. I really wish that his team would have stopped him and send him straight to a hospital.

As far as I know he's ok and he's returned to training with normality. (I usually skate in his main rink)

I don't know if there have been any further testings. I've got bad experiences (fortunately not personal ones) with how concussions are followed in Spain, as they're often overlooked, but I hope he has no repercussions.
Thank you for your concern!!